Friday, August 27, 2010

Look Who's 2!

Seems like the past 2 years have flown by! I think the biggest thing that I have learned while raising multiples is that every child goes through phases. Just when I think that one is acting like a perfect little angel, they do a 180 and completely change. The one who used to be clingy soon acts independent, etc. Speaking of phases, Jack is going through a dousy. It's been well over a month since he has slept in his crib. He has made it through one night in his bed after he fell asleep and was put there. We don't know what is going on with him. I hope to get to the bottom of it when we go see the doctor for their 2 year check-up. I welcome any suggestions.

This also marks a full year in our renovated house. We still visit Grandpa and Grandma's house all the time and I think they still remember it a bit.

I still stand by my statement that our 2 dogs are more difficult than the kids. That may change as we enter the "Terrible 2's" stage.

Here's what they are up to:

Abby: AKA Popeye. When she gets upset and doesn't do a full cry, she closes one eye and scrunches her face. All she's missing is the pipe with spinach! Abs is still attached to her puppy and loves to give him rides in the stroller or shopping cart. Her fav food, by far, is broccoli cheese soup from Panera that Grandma Mary brings every Tuesday (quickly becoming my favorite day of the week;). Sometimes it is a struggle to get her to wear a dress, but after the mini tantrum ends, she is fine. I think she wants to be just like her brothers. Speaking of them, I think that Abby plays with trucks more than anyone around here. She also enjoys her Legos.

Josh: My big boy is going through an independent phase and just looks like a full fledged toddler. I look at him sometimes and can't believe how quickly he is changing. He is still trying to get away with things and Mommy is going to have to implement the "time out" chair. He still loves his foxes and his darn burp cloths. He is a trooper when it comes to going to sleep and often times will just lay down downstairs when he is ready for a nap. His appetite is still strong and he loves everything. I recently found him to really love fruit. Totally unlike his dad!

Jack: Have I mentioned Jack's new sleep routine??? I miss my happy boy. I think that this sleeping arrangement and the nerves and stress associated with it have taken a toll on my little guy. My dad says that he can see the sadness in his eyes. I do hope that this is just a phase and is associated with his molars coming in. Jack has been throwing many tantrums lately if he doesn't get his way. Throughout the day I see him losing his patience very easily. He still loves to cuddle and hold his Elmos and puppy. His favorite place is still outdoors. Jacky is obsessed with Abby's name and is always looking for a chance to say it. Speaking of her name, we have a joke around here that whenever you ask, "Who farted?" Jack always replies, "Abby". Yeah, she's not going to like that when she's older!

For their birthday, Grandma Mary and Grandma and Grandpa Piskor came over. We let the kids dive in and eat their cake and we opened presents. Here's some pics from the night:



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday kiddos! What great pictures of your family.
    I really hope things get better with Jack's sleeping soon...I can't imagine how tired all of you must be.

    ReplyDelete