Saturday, April 2, 2011

31 Months Old

The biggest change around here is all the talking. It's getting so that only Chris and I can understand what the kiddos are saying. I love what sayings they come up with every day! Sometimes I wonder where in the heck they learned stuff from. They can point out every single store/restaurant or place of experience (haircut, ice-cream) when driving around.

We signed on for another session of our "2's and You" class. Jack is the most willing to participate and sometimes Josh joins in. We've been having weekly play date with 2 other local families for a couple months now. The kids take a little while to warm up and start playing if we are at the other kids' houses. It's nice because the same kids are in our park district class too.

Here's what's happening individually:

Abby: She is really developing an attitude. In the past couple of classes, she has cried when she hasn't gotten her way. Wow! The teacher's are so surprised because normally she is so quiet. I tell ya, she's going to make quite the teenager! She wants to always wear her orange shirt. Thank goodness we have 2 to choose from. Abs is so talented at doing puzzles. I just bought her a 48 piece and she knows to do the corners first and then the edges. She also loves to draw and play with her jungle/zoo animals. She has so much patience when it comes to the little things. I think she will be more math centered and I want to gear things towards that type of learning.


Josh: Super attached to Mommy lately. I love it! We are off the burpies during the day except for nap and over night. Those things really did a number of his front teeth! He is so much more active and talking more when he doesn't have that thing in his mouth. This boy has the most wonderful memory! He will tell me something that happened days ago. So thankful he's not like me in the memory department! Josh's favorite thing is his football shirt and his football blanket (Bears). Josh is my little helper as well. He actually is the first to clean up and put things where they belong. He also likes to help take the garbage to the garage. he is constantly telling me he loves me. Awww!

Jack: He's having a hard time expressing his anger lately and has started biting again. I try to tell him to calm down and tell me what's wrong. This kid has an unbelievable appetite. He tries everything and eats it all! He is still smaller than Josh. I think he has my great metabolism! This kid still makes us laugh daily. He's always up to something and can't sit still! Jack is obsessed with his dinosaur shirt, even one that is really an anteater! He loves to play with the zoo and jungle animals that we have. He's also a miniature version of his dad when it comes to directions. Unreal!

This age really is so much fun when it comes to watching the kids play. They love to pretend and are starting to use their imaginations. The best part of having multiples is that they are always there for each other and have built in playmates. It is so amazing watching them running around after each other and asking us where a sibling is if they stepped away. Don't get me wrong, there are fights daily, but I tend to block those times out ;)

1 comment: