Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Well, another Easter come and gone. We started our festivities on Saturday by getting ready to go to church to bless our Easter basket with both grandmas. The ceremony was outdoors and the kids were great. Abby wanted to be held the entire time by my mom and she complained of being cold even though she was dressed warmly.

We got home and tried taking some pics. This is the only good one of the bunny ears. Jack is making a silly face, Josh is trying to take his ears off, and poor Abs is starting her bout of sickness. I can see it in the pic now :(

We were supposed to go to Great Grandma Doyle's house to celebrate Easter with Chris's mom's side of the family, but Abby developed a fever. I stayed home with Abs while the others went. She was just very tired and laid on the couch the whole time. The boys came home and had a great time and ate tons of food!


Easter morning the kids opened their Easter baskets from us. They were most excited for the stickers and stamps! Little did they know they would be getting TONS of baskets from everyone!

Then Chris's mom came over and stayed with Abby while Chris and I took the boys to my cousin's house. Let me tell ya, it was so much easier this year! The boys were so well behaved and just walked around on their own and visited with everyone. I didn't have to worry about them falling down stairs or getting into everything. I could enjoy my meal and chat with family.

Of course, it would have been better if Abby was with us!

The kids definitely ate their fair share of chocolate and candy that they are now requesting it first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! Love the bunny ears one! Hope Abby's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete