Friday, February 26, 2010

18 Months Old!

Wow, unreal that they are already 1 1/2 year olds! Soon I will have to start thinking of the bday party. For now, we are focusing on the Baptism.

They are changing so quickly and really looking like full fledged toddlers.

Abby: Definitely the best nighttime sleeper of the bunch. She's still very dainty and I love to watch her organize everything. She really is learning to defend herself against the bros. and it's not unusual to witnes her pushing them. I'm kinda glad because she was definitely getting bullied! I love when she is playing with a toy and one of them want it. She just takes the toy and turns her back to them. Abby is guilty of wanting any toy that Josh or Jack are playing with. She will go and sit on top of them to play with it. Abby is also VERY jealous. As soon as Jack or Josh come and sit on me, there she is saying, "Mamamama". We still try our best to please her because when she gets angry, whew! I know her brothers will learn quickly what upsets her. Abby doesn't take her naps in her crib, which we need to break her of. She usually just falls asleep on me when the boys are napping. This makes it difficult to get things done in that small amount of time. I'm so proud of Abby because she actually is getting better at wearing her shoes. I thought she'd be a barefoot 6th grader!


Josh: Still my teddy bear and the biggest. Always the leader. I keep reminding him that his brother and sister are always watching him. He still loves to carry his burp cloths where ever he goes. Josh's hobbies include moving chairs around the kitchen, knocking down towers, climbing on the play kitchen, and climbing couches. He is still super persistent and gets extremely frustrated lately and stomps his feet. I can't help but laugh! Joshy is a great napper and in the mornings, he'll usually just babble till I get him and not wake his brother. Lately he's proved that he's the most outgoing one. I love that he takes breaks to come over and get a hug. My big boy!


Jack: Always the entertainer! You can catch Jack laughing for no reason and then laughing more when you laugh. He still gives that guilty look when he's up to something. I'd say Jack is the most even tempered of the bunch and when he's upset, there's something wrong. For example, a couple of days ago when they woke up and had their morning sippy, he kept throwing it to the ground and crying. Very unusual. I just kept picking it up and gave him another animal cracker and still he would throw it down. Chris suggested checking the cup and sure enough, he chewed on it so much that no milk was coming out. Jack still loves puzzles and his shape finder toys. He always tries to climb all the furniture. He is mommy's little helper and always gathers all the coats to hang up. He also passes them all out and loves to take dirty diapers to the diaper pail. He loves to come over to mommy and shake his head no when I ask for kisses. He loves to see me make a big deal about it. Jack is a pro at pointing out his head, nose, belly and feet.


Overall, they are trying to talk more and always babble to each other. Jack is currently trying to say "car". I love listening to them in the car because there are all kinds of noises coming out of the back seat. Another thing that only the boys do is pick up the smallest object (lint, crumbs) and bring them to one of us. Hey, it's great they don't try eating it!



Enjoying some donut munchkins
Our upcoming events include a Baptism. We are trying to keep it small with only Godparents and grandparents. We'll see how that turns out! Our 18 month pedi appt. is next week so stay tuned for weights. I'm sure we'll be blown away! We are also trying to go to more kid activities. Definitely can't wait for Spring to come!

1 comment:

  1. 18 months...where is the time going? I LOVE Abby's pigtails! I wish my boys would leave pretty ones like those my girl's hair. Gotta love Josh giving hugs and Jack playing hard to get. Too cute!
    Good luck with the baptism.

    ReplyDelete