Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pirate's Cove

Last week we took the kids to Pirate's Cove on a whim. We had planned on accomplishing a lot around the house, but cleaning definitely takes a back seat to summer!

None of us had ever been here, but I knew it had rides specifically for younger kids. Besides the car carousel in Kentucky, the kids had never been on any other rides. Of course, Chris was a little worried!

Our first ride was the carousel. While standing in line, we noticed that this thing actually went pretty fast! No need to worry. Abby instantly loved it! She is going to be my roller coaster buddy! The boys showed absolutely no expression on their faces, though they did like it.

Next up was the train ride. This thing had a large hand pedal, but there was a worker there to push them as well. Good thing, our kids needed a little boost!

Quick photo op by the pirate ship
Then we went on the giant slide. We were a little worried that the kids wouldn't do this one by themselves. They had to sit on a sack to go down and it was pretty high up. I took Abs with me and all was good. Except that Josh leaned back too far and almost fell off his sack!
The train ride was next. We went two times in a row. The first time we all rode in the caboose. The second time I went with the kids on a separate cart. It was a cute little ride!
There was a jumpy house that the kids bounced in. They also had water boats, but the kids definitely did not want to try those out. The line for those seemed to be the longest and I didn't want to force them to try it.

After a water break, we checked out the park and the dragon slide. It was definitely hot outside!
Before we left the park, the kids rode the carousel about 5 more times and the train 3 more times. I think they really enjoyed themselves and we will be going back. I think the fall would be a great time with the cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment